AOS has been serving the Central Illinois community for nearly 50 years. Our oral surgeons treat thousands of patients annually through office locations in Peoria, Galesburg, and Macomb. With our focus on advanced surgical procedures, we are able to offer high-quality care that prioritizes patient safety and effective outcomes.
Each doctor in our practice is a specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgery. This means that each has graduated from dental school and then trained in a hospital-based surgical residency for a minimum of four years. Many of our oral surgeons also hold a medical degree, which provides them with an extensive background in diagnostics and treatment. Learn more about the experience and expertise you can expect from your AOS doctor.
Our Work as Oral Surgeons
Oral and maxillofacial specialists diagnose and treat patients to alleviate issues in the head, face, jaws, neck, and teeth as well as oral tissues such as bone and gums. AOS frequently resolves patient concerns through surgical intervention. Our oral surgeons perform a variety of procedures at our Peoria, Galesburg, and Macomb offices, including:
- Dental implants to help replace damaged or missing teeth.
- All-on-4®, which can restore an entire arch of teeth in a single visit.
- Bone grafting to strengthen areas of bone deficiency.
- Tooth extractions, which can alleviate pain, remove a potential source of infection, and correct the positioning of teeth.
- Wisdom teeth removal to prevent dental crowding, recurrent infections of gum tissue, and more serious effects that may develop as a result of improper
- Corrective jaw surgery, which can move the teeth and jaws into positions that are more balanced and functional.
- Procedures to address trauma, injury, cleft lip, and cleft palate.
As oral surgeons, we hold special certifications in anesthesia that support patient comfort and safety. These certifications allow us to offer a variety of anesthetic options, including local anesthesia, nitrous oxide (laughing gas), twilight sedation, and general anesthesia. Our oral surgeons often recommend sedation dentistry because it significantly improves the patient experience and supports an efficient surgery.
Our Training as Oral Surgeons
Patients in Peoria, Galesburg, and Macomb benefit from our doctors’ decades of advanced education and focused surgical experience. A typical residency program specializing in oral and maxillofacial surgery includes:
- Focusing on patient comfort and anesthesia.
- Comprehensive study of the hard and soft oral tissues and the facial skeleton.
- Training in the full spectrum of oral surgeries.
- Evaluation of patient care and treatment management methods.
Study and practice in each of these areas give AOS oral surgeons the skills to provide top-notch care. Our doctors have received various awards and honors, and they continue to contribute to research that furthers solutions for oral and maxillofacial issues such as dental implant viability and health.
Why Patients Rely on AOS for Care
AOS is proud to offer:
- Three convenient locations in Peoria, Galesburg, and Macomb.
- Well-established and highly trained oral surgeons.
- A large team of skilled employees to meet patient needs, including registered nurses (RNs) and a certified surgical technologist.
- Operating and admitting privileges at OSF St. Francis Medical Center for complex surgical cases.
With these resources, our practice is able to assist patients with nearly any oral and maxillofacial surgical need.
Our oral surgeons strive to give Peoria, Galesburg, and Macomb patients the best care possible. We offer the latest surgical techniques, such as augmenting bone grafts with platelet-rich plasma and BMP-2 to speed the recovery process. We also use the most up-to-date imaging equipment, like 3D intraoperative tools that support our ability to see surgical sites during procedures. Our understanding and use of technology enhance the patient experience by providing safe, comfortable treatment and more effective outcomes.
Professional Development and Leadership
AOS doctors are committed to continuing education and attend conferences and training sessions several times each year. These opportunities focus on dental implants, 3D imaging, new surgical tools, advances in the science of bone grafting, and more.
While AOS doctors are advancing their own skills, we are helping to train the next generation of oral surgeons. We support the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons examination for new professionals, and we play an active role in other academic endeavors. Mentoring future dental specialists is vital to our team because we understand that better doctors mean better patient care.
AOS is proud to be part of the Central Illinois community. Our staff regularly participates in charities, supports goodwill efforts, and sponsors local events. We enjoy giving back to the patients who trust us with their care, and we welcome the opportunity to get to know you and your family.
If you have concerns related to your oral and maxillofacial health or want to learn more about AOS, schedule a visit with our oral surgeons in Peoria, Galesburg, and Macomb. Call or contact us online.